Recipe: Chocolate and Peanut Butter Delice
Try a taste of Bishopstrow at home – we’re sharing a recipe from the kitchen of one of the best places to eat in Warminster.
Our award-winning Head Chef, Jon Los, thought it the perfect time of year to add his chocolate and peanut butter delice to our menu. Should you wish to try this yourself at home, he’s even letting you in on his secret caramel ice cream and peanut crisp!
If you want to impress your friends and family, and imitate one of the finest restaurants in Wiltshire at your dinner party, you will need:
130g Dark Chocolate
36g Egg yolk
25g Peanut Butter
55ml semi whipped cream
Caramel Ice Cream
50g Raw unsalted Peanuts
- To start, make the ice cream base by heating 100g sugar in a pan until it turns a dark golden-brown colour. Pour in the milk and cream – be careful as the caramel will bubble fiercely!
- Mix the egg yolks and remaining sugar together, then pour the cream mixture on top. Mix together then place back into the pan and cook to 80 degrees Celsius. You will then want to cool the mixture down to below 5 degrees before churning in an ice cream machine and storing in the freezer.
- For the Delice, melt the chocolate by your preferred method and heat the milk and cream. Mix the egg yolk and sugar together, pour the cream on top and return to the stove and cook to thicken. Make sure you don’t scramble the mixture.
- Place the chocolate in a food processor and pour in the egg and cream mixture. Once combined, remove and allow to cool. In the meantime, semi whip the cream and once cool fold it into the chocolate mix and pour into moulds to set in the fridge.
- For the crisp, again heat the sugar to a dark golden colour and pour in the peanuts, pour onto silicone paper and allow to cool until it is set hard.
- Once hard, you will want to blitz the crisp in a food processor until it becomes a fine powder. Shape as desired on a baking sheet and bake at 200 degrees for 3-4 minutes before allowing to cool and set.
And that’s it! To present your incredible dessert the Bishopstrow way, you can look at Chef’s picture for reference.
If you want to save on the washing up, or prefer to try such a delicious dessert in a beautiful setting, then be sure to book a table at our restaurant.