We respect your privacy; Versant (Bishopstrow) Ltd. has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our commitment to your privacy.
Versant (Bishopstrow) Ltd. uses contracted and trusted third parties to facilitate our provision of services and communications. Where we use third parties, they only use your data to facilitate such activities.
DEFINITIONS & INTERPRETATIONS
|Data||Collectively all information that you submit to Versant (Bishopstrow) Ltd. Via this Website that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identifies in particular by reference to an identifier. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998 or EU Regulation General Data Protection Regulations 2018 (GDPR).|
|Cookies||A small text file which asks permission from your browser to be placed on your Computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this website are set out in the clause below (Cookies).|
|Cookie Law||The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended b the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011.|
|“We/Us/Our”||Refers to the Data Controller, Versant (Bishopstrow) Ltd., a limited company registered in in England & Wales under Company Registration Number 10806316 whose registered address is: 10a, Charlecote Mews, Staple Gardens, Winchester, Hampshire, SO23 8SR and trading address is: Bishopstrow Hotel & Spa, Boreham Road, Warminster, Wiltshire, BA12 9HH.|
|“User/You/Your”||You and any third party that accesses the Website; someone who is not (i) employed by us and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to us and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services or someone who is (iii) 18 years or older and capable of entering a contract.|
INFORMATION ABOUT US
The full name of our company is Versant (Bishopstrow) Limited, a Limited company registered in in England & Wales under Company Registration Number 10806316 whose registered address is: 10a, Charlecote Mews, Staple Gardens, Winchester, Hampshire, SO23 8SR and trading address is: Bishopstrow Hotel & Spa, Boreham Road, Warminster, Wiltshire, BA12 9HH.
Our VAT number is: GB 272 6121 20
WHAT DOES THIS POLICY COVER?
As a data subject, you have certain rights under GDPR:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of your personal data.
- The right of access to all personal data We hold about you.
- The right of rectification of personal data that is inaccurate or incomplete. To amend any data We hold about you please contact Us on the details outlined in the “access & amendments to your data and opting out” section below.
- The right of erasure. It is within your rights to ask Us to delete any or all personal data We hold about you. We only hold personal data for a limited time but if you would like Us to delete it sooner please contact us on the details outlined in the “access & amendments to your data and opting out” section below.
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data.
- The right to data portability – this allows you to obtain and reuse your data across different services.
- The right to object to the use of your personal data for particular purposes.
- The right to be excluded from automated decision making and profiling.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
We collect data, including Personal Data, from when you make a booking, use our facilities or our services. This is done via our team, either in person or over the phone, and also when you book online via our Website.
We may collect, store and use the following types of Data, including Personal Data, from you:
- Your full name, including title
- Your Date of Birth
- Contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers
- Your demographic information such as preferences and interests
- Your geographic information such as home address and post code (where applicable)
- Your car registration for car parking arrangements
- Financial information such as credit / debit card details where you make a payment
- Information about your website session including your IP address, browser type, operating system, referring website or source, the duration of your visit, pages views, files downloaded and the site you exit to.
- Your dietary requirements (for restaurant and spa enquiries)
- Your cookie information (see cookies policy)
In addition to these the following data will be collected when you fill in our spa consultation forms, membership applications or guest forms:
- The name of your partner or spouse
- The name of your children
- Your emergency contact and their contact telephone number
- Medical History
- Your physical health history
- Financial Information such as bank account details (Spa Membership payments only)
We have CCTV installed in our premises in public areas, this is for the purpose of crime prevention and detection and employee monitoring
We also collect personal data relating to enquiries about our services such as conferences, weddings, restaurant bookings and when you subscribe to any marketing communications, enter our competitions or provide feedback.
We also collect personal data such as names if you chose to connect with us via our social media websites. By connecting with us via social media websites you are bound by their terms and conditions and privacy policies.
If you provide us with any personal data relating to any third party (e.g. information relating to your spouse or children for spa membership) it is your responsibility to obtain consent of such third parties. By submitting such information to us, you express that you have obtained consent to provide us with their personal Data.
HOW WILL WE USE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED?
Versant (Bishopstrow) Ltd. Is the “data controller”. Our legal basis for processing this data is our legitimate interest as a Hotel, Restaurant, Spa & Events venue. We use the information we collect about you to:
- Process your bookings
- Process your enquiry and respond to your request
- Process your voucher purchases
- Provide food and beverage facilities and services
- Provide our spa membership and services
Any or all of your data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our services or facilities. We may use your data for the following purposes:
- Internal Record keeping
- Improvements of our products/services
- Transmission of promotional material, products or services that we prove that may be of interest to you by email, phone or post.
- Contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone or post. Such information may be used to customise or update the website.
- To pass on to the police and government authorities as requested by them.
- To apply with any applicable rules, laws, regulations, codes of practices or guidelines issued by any legal or regulatory body which are binding on us.
Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This does not include our affiliates and/or other companies within our group.
We will retain your data for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires.
All personal Data is processed and stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act (1998) and GDPR.
Electronic data and confidential material is stored on secure password and firewall protected servers and any paper copies kept securely under lock and key and destroyed after a reasonable period or as long as the law requires.
Please note that information obtained through our website enquiry forms, book a table, brochure requests will be retained in back-ups for a period of 28 days after deletion.
DATA SHARING & THIRD PARTIES
We may, from time to time, use contracted and trusted third parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the business, including the processing and delivery of marketing communications.
Versant (Bishopstrow) ltd. Will not otherwise sell, rent, loan or share your personal Data with a third party for the purpose outside of the above processing arrangements, unless you have provided us with explicit permission to do so.
We may disclose personal Data as permitted or required by law or legal process to law enforcement authorities or other government official.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
CHANGES OF BUSINESS OWNERSHIP & CONTROL
In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
ACCESS & AMENDMENTS TO YOUR DATA AND OPTING OUT
It is your right to access a copy of the Data which we hold about you. If you would like to do this then please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject matter in the matter in the email header or write to us at Bishopstrow Hotel & Spa, Boreham Road, Warminster, Wiltshire, BA12 9HH. Under GDPR there will be no fee payable and we will provide you with a copy of your Data within 30 days from your request.
If you ask that we stop using your personal data, we take reasonable steps to honour that request. However, we will retain records of your personal data as needed in order to comply with applicable law.
Keeping your information up to date
We understand that you may need to modify or update your Data from time to time. You can make amendments to your Data, or withdraw your consent for use, at any time by emailing us at: email@example.com or in writing to Bishopstrow Hotel & Spa, Boreham Road, Warminster, Wiltshire, BA12 9HH.
If, at any point, you no longer wish to be contacted by Bishopstrow Hotel & Spa, you can unsubscribe by any of the following methods:
- Through selecting the UNSUBSCRIBE link included in all our emails.
- Send an email to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org including the subject matter “Opt Out” in the email header.
- In writing to: Bishopstrow Hotel & Spa, Boreham Road, Warminster, Wiltshire, BA12 9HH.
We will not continue to send you marketing communications if you have asked us not to. We always provide links to automatically opt out in all of our email communications to you.
We endeavour to our best to protect your personal Data. However, the transmission of information over the internet is not completely secure and while we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its security. Any transmission is done at your own risk.
What is a cookie
Cookies are files created by websites that you visit that store the details on your computer, laptop, tablet, mobile or other device. They make your online experience easier by saving browsing information and are generally seen as a positive thing. With cookies, sites can keep you signed in, remember your site preferences and give you locally relevant content, making your web experience more personal.
Our website uses a variety of cookies inclusive of:
- Google Analytics Cookies to identify which pages are being used, the number of times a user has visited the web sites as well as dates of visit and your website journey (when you leave the website, where the user came from, what search engine was used etc.. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our Website in order to provide better experience to you.
- Third party Cookies these are installed by third parties with the aim of collecting certain information to carry out various research into behaviour, demographics etc.
- Session Cookies on our Website. These are temporary Cookies and not retained after the browser is closed. Session Cookies allow users to be recognised within a website so any page changes or item or data selection you do is remembered from page to page, avoiding you having to re-enter information.
By default, your browser will accept cookies; however, this can be altered. You may delete/disable or restrict your Cookies or manage your Cookies preferences in your Internet browser. Links to advice on how to do this for the most popular Internet browsers are provided below for convenience and will be available for the Internet browser of your choice either online or via the software help (normally available via key F1).
If you do decide to disable or delete the cookies altogether, our Website will not work as well as it could as it relies on Cookies to provide you with the service you have requested.
To find out more about how to manage cookies through your chosen browser go to: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/