Here at Bishopstrow, one of the finest Wedding Venues in Wiltshire, our expert team know inside out how to create the day of our dreams. They also know how difficult planning a wedding is and knowing what to do, when! So here, our Wedding Concierge and Expert planner, Nicola Winslade, has put together her to-do list each month before your big day.
12 months to go;
- Fix a time for your ceremony (whether on/offsite) as this helps coordinator the rest of the day.
- Finalise your number of guests for both the day and evening including any children.
- Discuss payment dates with us you can save/budget for these payments.
11 months to go;
- Pick your best man & bridesmaids
- Starting booking appointments for dress fittings
- Order your wedding rings
- Pick your colour scheme or theme and start planning ideas
10 months to go;
- Book your photographer and perhaps schedule a meeting at the hotel so the photographer can familiarise themselves with the grounds
- Decide and book your evening entertainment*
- If bedrooms are included in your package, start to allocate guests to bedrooms so you know what rooms you have left to use.
- Decide on your wedding dress- allow plenty of time for made-to-measure gowns.
9 months to go;
- Send out your save the dates to all guests
- Start planning your honeymoon
- Take your bridesmaids shopping for their dresses and groomsmen’s suits
- Pick your ushers
8 months to go;
- Organise your wedding tasting to choose the menu for the day. If you would prefer to have a consultation in person with our chef please let us know. Wedding tastings can be either at lunch or dinner time, but we must have at least two weeks’ notice.
- Book your honeymoon
- Order invitations, place settings and other various decorations
- Book your florist.*
7 months to go;
- Decide on any readings and music for your ceremony. You can have live music or simply play a CD or an iPod with the music of your choice.
- Order your wedding cake. Confirm your delivery time to the hotel with the cake maker.
- Choose wedding favours and wedding gifts for bridal party.
6 months to go;
- 50% of your payment due.
- Pick up your wedding rings
- Confirm order of service with registrars and have booklets printed if required.
5 months to go;
- Book your hair dresser *
- Book your make up. We do Mii make up here at the hotel and this can be done in the comfort of your bedroom.
- Organise your stag and hen celebrations.
- 4 months to go;
- Choose a wedding gift company and put together your wedding present list
- Organise any transport to/from hotel. If you would prefer to stay at the hotel you may not require any traditional transportation
3 months to go;
- 75% of your payment due
- Update hotel itinerary or book a meeting to see your wedding coordinator
- Send out invitations
- Create a spreadsheet of RSVP’S and dietary requirements.
- Plan your table plan- ask us for our table capacities
2 months to go;
- Pre-book any spa or beauty treatments
- Confirm final numbers & dietary requirements
- If you are charging your guests for their bedrooms, this is the cut off point for us to receive payments.
- Finalise your rooming list
1 month to go;
- Final payment due to the hotel.
- Confirm all previous bookings with photographer, florist, entertainment, hairdresser, make-up and any other supplier.
- Go on your hen or stag party!
Week of wedding;
- Have your final meeting with wedding coordinator and run through final itinerary.
- Confirm all delivery times for any suppliers who will delivering items on the day.
- Handover all decorations so the operations team can set them up for you.
If you have any questions about wedding planning or the process, Nicola would be more than happy to help so don’t hesitate to get in touch with her here for some expert advice from our Wiltshire hotel team!